OK here is my public service announcement, be careful and over cautious. Now a lot of people who do the sport of triathlons have fallen down or been hit by a car while biking.
So here are some things to remember and DO:
- You must carry ID on you, it is against the law not to have ID.
- Get a Road ID
- Never, Ever think that someone (a car) sees you, be on the offense at all time. This stinks for serious training but we are smaller and lighter than a 5,000 pound car.
- If you carry a phone, and you should have I.C.E. (In Case of Emergency) plugged into your contacts or favorites so if unconscious, the police have a number to call.
- Helmet, but this one is not for us.
- Insurance, both for your bike and yourself.
Be safe and careful, I like having people around reading Thinktri